I have been asked so many questions during and after the hike that I thought to summarize them for the blog. Feel free to drop a line in the comments if there are more.
1. How many pairs of shoes?
2. Daily average?
3. Highest distance on trail in a day?
4. For how many days have u been out there?
About 130 days incl. 22 “zerodays”
5. When did u get up in the morning?
In between 5 and 6 o’clock
6. How many brakes during the day?
Depends, normally first brake after 3 hours (10 to 15 mimutes), one major lunchbreak (30 to 45 minutes), one in the afternoon (15 minutes)
7. Kcal per day?
3500 to 5000, depending on the mileage and terrain.
8. Whats your baseweight?
Inbetween 4.5 to 6 kg. Depending on the sections.
9. What would u change in your gearlist?
Nothing but no more cuben fibre for long distance hikes.
10. Favourite sections?
All of California and Washington.
11. What would you do different next time?
Yes, for 500 miles continously.
13. Have u had an iceaxe?
14. Would u do it again?